Followers

Thursday, January 5, 2017

CNY 2017 - ANGKU SHAPE PINEAPPLE TARTS

This year I tried various pineapple tart recipes shared by blogger friends over the years.  All turned out well and satisfactory.  I can say that they are workable recipes worth trying.
The only difference which I noticed from the recipes is the dough preparation.  Some uses creaming method while there are others which uses rub-in method.
All the tarts are buttery, light, very fragile and melt in the mouth. 
You can shape them with any wooden mould or create designs with whatever gadgets that you deem fit.  For this one, I used a small AKK mould, others I create rose pattern with a plastic peg.  

Recipe adapted from Happy Flour  [slight modification]
Ingredients
[makes 40 pieces]
Filling - 200 gm ready-bought pineapple paste/jam [40 x 5gm]
Pastry Ingredients
120 gm butter
10 gm icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
140 gm plain flour
20 gm corn flour
40 gm milk powder
  1. Sift flour and cornflour together and set aside.
  2. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy, beat in the egg yolk and vanilla essence until well combined.
  3. Fold in flour and milk powder to form a soft dough.
  4. Transfer dough into a small container, cover and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
  5. Divide dough into 40 small portions.  Flatten one portion and wrap prepared filling and seal the opening.
  6. Lightly dust mould with some flour, place dough into the cavity of the mould, press to mould and gently tap to dislodge pastry.
  7. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
  8. Baked in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes, remove from oven, brush with some egg yolk to glaze.
  9. Return tarts to oven and continue to bake for another 5-6 minutes  or until golden brown.
  10. Remove from oven, cool on wire rack before storing in air tight container.

4 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, so cute these angku shaped pineapple tarts. When I was small, there was only one shape - the flower one. Nowadays, bakers are so creative and make all sorts of decorative shapes.

Chloe said...

Hi Kimmy. Happy and healthy new year to you. Wow u are almost done with your cny baking! I haven't even started yet lol! This looks so good. Is the pastry the melt in your mouth type? Hoping to bake some pineapple tarts for cny. Just checked out your curry powder pork. Am going to get some ingredients now. Will update u. Take care. Chloe

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, there are various kinds of tart moulds but I have to exercise control not to buy them as I have too many moulds at home. Just make use of any with suitable size, lol.

Kimmy said...

Hi Chloe, happy new year to you too. I needed to start baking early and end early as most are for giveaways. I have many other chores/commitments to do for my MIL and others after all the baking. This pastry is good and others I shared and will be sharing are all very fragile ones. Much better than store bought. Too fragile that my sis told me to make them not so even for my kuih bangkit, hahaha! Told her, I can't cos' they are best to be melt-in the mouth. Do try the curry powder pork dish, it is good.