Followers

Friday, April 11, 2014

Japanese Sesame Salad Dressing

Must thank Phong Hong of Phong Hong Bakes and Jessie of Jessie Cooking Moments for sharing this lovely salad dressing.  I totally agree Phong Hong, I fell in love with it even before I mix it up with the rest of the  salad ingredients.  Honestly, I only 'agak-agak' the ingredients cos' the portion here yields quite a lot and too much for one time serving for 3.  Sorry my friend, but it is really good and I believe if I were to follow exactly this recipe, it is definitely yummylicious. My mind is working now on what other ingredients [vegetables/meat] that can match this dressing apart from 'siew yoke'.
Here, I reproducing Phong Hong's recipe as it is [but without showing her modifications so as not to confuse readers and myself].  I omit the roast pork.  
Japanese Sesame Salad Dressing
Ingredients :
30 gm toasted white sesame seeds
- 1/2 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 brown onion (Bombay onion), roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 50 g castor sugar 
- 350 ml sunflower oil 
- 100 ml brown rice vinegar
- 130 ml light soya sauce
Method :
- put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until everything is fine and emulsified.
- store in a glass jar and keep refrigerated.
Note : The dressing will separate after standing for sometime, so shake the bottle before using.

Use this sesame salad dressing to serve with any combination of fresh vegetables such as tomatoes, zuchini, salad leaves etc and fried or roast meats.

7 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, finally I get to see your salad using this very delicious dressing! I think it should also go well with roasted or steamed chicken. I tried it with hard boiled eggs and I liked it.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, agree it goes well with any other ingredients cos' the dressing itself is sooo....tasty and flavoursome. TQ

Wendy Tan said...

hello kimmy ,I am wendy, may I know where you get your brown rice vinegar from,,I am from Singapore ,thanks you.

Kimmy said...

Hi Wendy, I got this vinegar from a direct marketing company. You can try to get it from Organic Food Stores or use Apple cider vinegar.

Amy Baking Diary said...

Hi Kimmy,
I like Japanese Seasame Salad Dressing! But didn't make an effort to check out how to make it. Now I can bookmark this!

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

I also tried this salad dressing with hard boiled eggs ,as Phong Hong said its really matched .

Kimmy said...

Hi Aunty Young, I don't mind making this more often, really appetising.