Followers

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Steamed Brinjals with Sambal Tumis Paste

Another quick and easy vegetable dish served with cooked sambal tumis paste.  Click here to see recipe.

This vegetable is so suitable for me when I was suffering from sensitive teeth, when biting or chewy my food is a difficult task.  For awhile, I wasn’t able to enjoy crunchy vegetables and thinking of what are the soft vegetables that I can cook.
Found the answer in this dish which I really enjoyed with steaming hot rice. 
The steamed brinjals are soft and sweet, blends so well with the spicy, sourish and sweet sambal tumis paste.

Ingredients
1 medium size brinjals – washed
2-3 tbsp cooked sambal tumis paste [more or less according to preference]
Some chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
  1. Cut brinjals slantwise about 1 cm thickness just before steaming.
  2. Arrange the slices on serving platter.  Steam over high heat for 20 minutes or until soft.
  3. Remove from steamer, pour away excess water if any.
  4. Spread sambal tumis paste over the steamed brinjals and garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.
  5. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I used to steam brinjals too but I used oyster sauce. I must do this sambal tumis version as I am sure it is way better than oyster sauce!

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, this is definitely a better option than oyster sauce. These days, I'm trying to reduce usage of processed sauce cos' we really don't know what are in these sauces. Kiasee and kiasu, hehehe! but no, it is just that I don't want to keep bottles and bottles of sauces...

sylvie said...

Use to spread fish paste on toasted bread, great idea to spread it on vegetables!