Followers

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

PAN FRIED HONEY CHICKEN

This fried honey chicken recipe is actually a roast honey chicken recipe.  As I didn't have enough chicken whole legs in my fridge, I used what I have to cook this.  Instead of baking, I used frying method.
The chicken is very tasty and it is fast to cook.  Goes well with plain white rice.
Ingredients
2 chicken whole legs - deboned and cut bite size pieces
Marinade Ingredients
1 tbsp ginger juice
1 tsp 5 spice powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp light soy sauce
Seasoning Sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp wine
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
3-4 tbsp water
  1. Marinate chicken pieces with marinade for about 30 minutes or more.
  2. Heat a non stick wok with 1 tbsp oil, pan fry chicken pieces until brown on both sides.
  3. Add in seasoning sauce ingredients.  Bring to boil until the sauce is thicken.
  4. Throw in some cut spring onions.
  5. Dish up to serve with rice.

Photobucket

I'm submitting this post to the event Little Thumbs Up [March 2015 Event: Honey] organized by Zoe [Bake for Happy Kids] and Doreen [My Little Favourite DIY] and hosted by Joyce [joycescapade.com]

4 comments:

Amy Baking Diary said...

Hi Kimmy, this is so delicious looking dish!

PH said...

Kimmy, quite a good idea to pan fry it instead of roasting. Roasting would take a longer time.

Kimmy said...

Hi Amy, it is a simple dish but tasty. I like the black pepper taste, should have added more.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, if I had 3 chicken whole legs, I will choose roasting, hehehe! I believe whichever method, it will tastes good too.