Followers

Friday, February 2, 2018

CNY 2018 - RUB-IN METHOD-ROSE PINEAPPLE TARTS [玫瑰花黄梨饼]

Grateful, my mother in-law discharged yesterday, after 33 days in hospital, not fully recovered but stable. 
Back to this, I cannot remember where I have seen this recipe but it was shared by various food bloggers and tried by many. This year, I finally tried this recipe and it turned out lovely.
I have doubled the portion of the recipe which I copied as these are for giveaways.
This recipe is a keeper.  I am not too good is describing these tarts, I can only say they are very nice.
Ingredients
[makes 80 pieces]
250 gm butter [cold]
300 gm plain flour
140 gm corn flour
50 gm icing sugar [original is 60 gm]
2 tbsp custard powder
1 large egg yolk
Pineapple Filling - 300 gm
  1. Sift flour, cornflour, icing sugar and custard powder into a mixing bowl.
  2. Add in butter and use finger tip to rub in butter with the flour until breadcrumb like.
  3. Add in egg yolk and knead well to form a smooth dough.  Place in a container and chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
  4.  Divide the dough into 10 gm each portion, wrap in the pineapple filling [about 7 gm per ball]. Roll into ball, place into a paper liner, use the metal peg to shape the rose petal.
  5. Lightly glaze with egg on the surface and bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees  C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
  6. Remove to cool on wire rack before storing in airtight container.

2 comments:

PH said...

Hi Kimmy! Glad to know that your mother-in-law has been discharged. These pineapple tarts are lovely. If only I had the patience and motivation to bake these as my family loves them.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, it is a relief that she is now in stable condition and my hubby has moved back to the family home to stay with her until full recovery which could take months like before. These tarts are lovely and nice to eat.